Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wish List: Witchy Rings

I'm a bit of a ring freak. A few months ago I went from one or two regular, everyday rings to, like, seven. I went driving with a driving instructor the other day, and he told me about the wedding ring he was buying his fiancé, a burlesque dancer/ stripper. She designed it and it apparently has a sun and moon and stars on it, as well as rare gemstones they had to fly to Belgium to pick up. (did I mention he is a 60-year-old white guy with a Chicago accent, 18-inch-long dreads, and few albums out with a reggae band he plays the guitar for?) Anyway, my latest obsession has now become witchy, moon-and-stars kinda rings. After much internet scouring, I came up with a few different sources of inspiration for either when i eventually get engaged and need to design a witchy wedding ring or when I next feel the need to buy a load of rings.

First and foremost, you have your thick-banded, engraved rings:

And your cut-out ring: 


your occult and paganism-symbols emblazoned ring:


Then you have your thin-banded, detailed rings:



(that's supposed to be the moon's face, lawl)


Then you have your rings with "gemstones" in them:




Then you have what are apparently called "gypsy" rings (I apologize for the racial epithet!!!):



i also stumbled across this really cool online shop that sells really cheap "gypsy" rings like these, which I thought were sufficiently "magick"-al looking:



the best part about witchy rings is that when you're wearing them, you'll probably feel like you're wielding some immense power or like you've suddenly gained the ability to perform black magic. start looking for that one ring to rule them all! 

--stefa

No comments:

Post a Comment