Wednesday, February 8, 2012

prada, you know me

I know that the Spring 2012 have already come and gone but I thought I would share some of my thoughts on one of my favorite collections

PRADA SPRING 2012

Outfits


note the jackets. I think they kind of look like letter jackets, but you know, with flowerz n stuff. Also, the skirts are a mix between your classic poodle skirt that everyone knows and loves and your pleated school uniform skirt. 

 Similar skirts. I like the eyelet lace theme they have, but I REEALLY like how they put it in colors like cherry red and black. But then you still have to have some powder blue lace t resist looking like Sandy at the end of Grease.


Now it's ok to look like Sandy! There's the red bandeau and the black pencil skirt. Obviously not leather,  but very shiny and very anti-fifties in that the midriff (ew, i just said midriff) is showing. Belly buttons were never seen in the fifties. NEVER. (Also, I really like the leather skirt with the greaser car and flames on it. Though the leather gets a little close to looking like a leather jumpsuit from the 90s)(still....)

 
More car prints


I think of these two outfits as the pink ladies. They have their modernized cat eye classes and semi-full skirts. And of course, the whole matching thing with different colors. Kind of like the Powerpuff Girls in that each has their designated color(s) (scratch that, kind of like every childhood girl show ever)


More car prints and flowers



Details
CAN WE JUST LOOK AT THESE PLEASE. The shoes are like the wings on a car. And the purse is a car. This makes me incredibly sad that I don't know how to drive. 

More flames/wings. 

Bandeaus, letter jacket and chiffon poodle skirt with flames.

LEATHER AND CARZ. The greasers live on

 The beloved cat eye sunglasses. Perfect to watch drag racing on a summer day with.

Flame shoes in the actual colors of flames! How much better can it get?

Flames, cars, lace and flowers.

So these dresses kind of remind me of when Sandy and Danny go to the dance. The dresses are so virginal and innocent. Long sleeves, high neckline, pastel colors. And then you have cars and flames. 

THESE ONES MIGHT BE MY FAVORITES. Intense flames on the right and a headlight thing (well, I've been thinking of it as a laser) on the left. I want some laser/flame shoes


 Legitimate letter jacket with studs. Leather bag and poodle skirt with doodles of drag racing. 

I'm going to try and recreate one of these outfits...but for now just remember that drag racing is bad unless you are wearing at least one thing with flames/cars/lasers.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment